Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Character

 During this busy holiday season, I find it necessary to remember that as a Christian, I am called to:

Steadfastness
holding on

Patience
holding back

Expectancy
holding the head up

Obedience
holding self in readiness to go or do

Listening
holding quiet and still so as to hear

In seeking to do these things, may I remember not to become:

Stubborn,
unreasonably obstinate

Impatient,
restless in desire or expectation

Disobedient,
not submitting

and Deaf to God's Word.
refusing to heed, or be persuaded; unreasonable

Sometimes the hardest part is being willing to obey God when He says to wait, watch, and be still; simply knowing and trusting and praising Him that He is God and there is none other.  



Psalm 43:5
 Why are you cast down, O my soul,
    and why are you in turmoil within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
    my salvation and my God.


Blessings! 
Alana 

P.S. My dad had cataract surgery this morning, and is recovering well.  We are all praising the Lord for His mercies!

No comments: